Monday, July 27, 2009

My Jasmine Star "I quit photography" moment

Yesterday I went to a Bridal show with a friend who is getting married and her MOH. I am the photog for her wedding(a year from now). I haven't been worried about the wedding at all because I was hoping to second shoot or just watch a photog in action at a wedding. So yesterday I am at this bridal show and thought it might not hurt to ask the photogs there if they were looking for any interns or volunteers for anything. Most of them were talking about paid positions. I explained to them that I didn't care if I was paid. I didn't even care if I was their second shooter. Just bring me along! Let me ask just 3 questions and watch! Most of them shot me down within the first 2 seconds and were very rude. I hate photography snobs.


Yes I can teach myself. I can look at a million photography blogs. Its just not the same as someone being here. I want that glow about my pictures. I want that consistency. I know what I WANT them to look like. I know where I want to be with my pictures. I just don't know how to get there. But of course no photographer wants to help because I might steal their business. Please.....I am FAR from stealing someones business. I guess this is where oodles of patience comes in.

So before I went to the bridal show, I liked these pictures. I still do, just not as much. Just having that Jasmine Star "I quit photography" moment.


Lauren2
I love her shoes. Love. Them.

Lauren7

Lauren6

Lauren8

Lauren11

Lauren10

Lauren3


signature

6 comments:

  1. I can understand what you are feeling. Theres something about just getting to experience something that makes a million differences then from reading can do. I haven't second shot a wedding, nor ever been to a wedding. I just want to have 'that chance' that one moment to come along and view what happens, what people do. Just to get an idea.

    I hope you get your chance.

    - Heather Mulholland

    (BTW - ignore the google part, couldnt figure out how to comment with my proper credentials) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're ridiculous. You're talking ridiculousness and these photos ARE ridiculous. The former ridiculous is the bad kind and the latter ridiculous is the good kind of ridiculous. These images are sharp, well exposed, the posing is great. DON'T put yourself down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about rude photographers or all the other rules in the photo world...rules are meant to be broken! Make your rules and rock things out. If you continue to shoot like this session, you'll be golden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't quit photography!! :) I LOVE your pictures... plus you are obviously good since you give me advice! :) You will do awesome shooting the wedding..especially in a year! I shot my friend's wedding like a week after I got my camera lol..so in a year you'll be even more awesome! I just got caught up on your blog.. love it. I love how you decorated your youth pastor's house.. that was so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisabeth, these are awesome pictures! Keep at it and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever let me hear that you want to quit again! you're WAY too fabulous! Anytime you ever want to 2nd shoot with me, I'd be honored to have you along!!!

    ReplyDelete