Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On Cloud 9

After my "I quit photography" moment the other day, I have felt tons better. I never really expect people to actually read my blog. I really hate to blog and when I do, It's just for me. Yes, I post it on my twitter but really my tweets are just for me. I really wasn't expecting anyone to respond and wasn't looking for anyone to respond. I just needed to vent a bit.

I mostly stay pretty positive about this whole photography thing but after talking to all those photographers on Sunday I was very frustrated. It was totally fine with me if they were not looking for any help or second shooters. I would have been fine with holding their sunglasses while they shoot for crying out loud. I just want to be there. As willing as I was, most of the photogs were not. Within two seconds of me talking they said something like "No. I'm sorry sweetie." in that condescending tone and acting like I am 12 years old playing with my Dad's camera. How do they know I'm not a genius? (Kidding obviously!) But really, how do they know?! So that's what really set me off.

So as bummed as I was, it made me feel tons better after some ridiculous comments from some ridiculous awesome people. Ahem. Jamie Delaine, Jasmine Star (really?! Yes.), and Heather Thorne. It doesn't get much better then that. So duh I feel tons better and totally on cloud 9.

Still on cloud 9. This morning I went with Michelle to meet her December bride since I will be her second shooter (yay!). It went well and then we headed to look around Dallas and Fort Worth and found a gold mine of spots for pictures. We had so much fun! I know we will have a blast shooting a wedding together.

But it's safe to say that I will be staying away from Bridal shows for a while.


Montgomery Plaza


signature

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm new here and though don't know much about you, your photography, etc, I can relate to the being talked to like a 12 year old dreaming. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. J* commented?! Oh. My. Goodness. :) If that happened to me I just might print out the comment and plaster it everywhere. ;) Kidding. New photogs are where it's at!

    God bless,
    M.

    ReplyDelete